The Mega Site For Crossband Downloads
An insight into a small group of Radio Hams in Melbourne who (since the 1970's) have conducted rambling and inane conversations until the early hours of the morning via complex multiplex radio connections that even the Oz Govt Radio Authorities have yet to figure out.
Have tried to go back to the most original or highest quality
Recent Crossbands i have not bothered to edit or sort out so what you get is
what went to air warts and all.
Egg bocp spew
Mr knock Guest Announcer
on for 4 years.I think this would date back to about 1979. Quality is not the best as it is an of air recording and
we thought it was not being loged but maybe that is why it is as good as it is.
live reaction from the ward (43min 18meg)
canal (It used to transmit on the 160 band and sounded like a bottle pouring) (27 min 11meg)
news rooms must now be very quiet without the continuious babble from the police scanners . Anyhow here is
a recording from 1984 before they were even on the UHF repeater network. This is from the old VHF simplex (168Mhz)
system and although you can hear most cars some are in the noise or not there at all , the main thing is how clear the audio
is compared to the more recent systems and they seem to be a lot more laidback.
and was the second last time he appeared . It is quite long and has a few good bits.
Mr Branch was last on air from his Park St station in 1980 . Occasionally he could be convinced to come on a live crossband
and this is a record of the last time it happend in November 2004. The Branch was on via Skype and the Wick on Eccolink
first time he was on since 1998. Incomming audio was via netmeeting
and as you will hear the quality is no way as good as Skype. Dallas and
the Bek join latter on. All these recent missions have not been put up before as
frankly i did not concider them all that interesting, but now as they are the last in a
long line there is some appeal.
not gain his interest as there was only three missions and we had to
wait till 2003 till the next apperence.
1980 featuring Mr K and the Stu talking about the Newport power station.
Not Much to do with xmas except it was recorded at xmas 1976. The Head
talks about his trip to Alice Springs
and the Stu goes walking about the house with the radio mic, latter the Bek comes on via a tandy phone. (55 min 24Meg)
A bit of a mess this one but quite a laugh, Egg Stu Bek and harry rings
up a bit latter on. 1976 (45 min 23 meg)
This is the broadcast transmitted on xmas eve 1975. It resulted in a raid
by the Silvers and a penalty into the bargin.
- Noah's Ark
- The Branch gets a little mixed up when he tries to explain how the flood might have occured due to physical laws. (103min 30Meg)
- Another clasic Bek Stu missions from 1975, the Bek sounds quite fi on this one. (115min 46Meg)
- Neese Straunts
- A bit of a guide about finding good food places in Stkilda and Melbourne in general in the late 1970's. Branch Tom and others. (34min 14Meg)
- Battery Valve 80 metre xband
- Some interesting topics like the 3DB traffic plane crash come up on this 160/80 metre xband. The 80 metre end is from a batery valve set in Sth Gippsland, amazing how well it comes through.(46min 19Meg)
- Grantly Dee
- Branch and Bek talking about 1960's radio programing. Stax of wax and all that. (14min 6Meg)
- Nosey Vacume
- More recent from early this century.Mr Nosey decides to vacume his room while on air(63min 26Meg)
- Charlies Wheel
- Rather serious disscussion from the Bek and Branch,has some stuff on old TV programs. From 1976 (113min 46Meg)
- Stu and Bek on the bad state of telecine operation 1985(16min 6Meg)
- Answer Tom
- One of the best. A very funny rip off of the answer tom column in the old Radio Television And Hobbies mag (76min 36Meg)
- Scruffy Nalities
- Not an uninteresting missions from the mid 80's, quite good in fact apart from the first bit maybe.(103min 43Meg)
- Boots Racecourse
- Mr Boots kite flying tests cause some troubles with air 490, The police chopper(44min 869376Meg)
- Russion Missions pt 1
- Mr Soak goes behind the iron curtian, Travelogue on trip to Russia in 1970.s(113min 47Meg)
- Russian Missions pt2
- Part 2 of above(68min 28Meg)
- A big night with lots of talkback calls. 1975 (18min 7Meg)
- Jim Payne
- An afternoon crossband with the Branch and Agr.A listener drops in to find out how it all works. (67min 12Meg)
- More callback from Mr Wetsdale
- Callbacks on social issues and Mr Wets as well (26min 11Meg)
- Soak Cape York
- Mr Soak talks about his travels around Australia(37min 15Meg)
- Father John
- The Maize takes some serious calls (20min 9Meg)
- D Cells
- During an electricty strike when it is illegal to use more than two light bulbs and a toaster in each house, Mr Branch runs the missions off d cells (10min 4Meg)
- History Of Glenhuntly
- Very early Stu Bek missions and a difinitive description of Glenhuntly in 1975(62min 11Meg)